Friday, October 29, 2010

A magical being

It was 1 AM in the morning and very cold. The garden outside my window was shrouded in mist. The chill in the air made me look longingly at my bed and blanket. But, thanks to a very tortuous assignment, I was compelled to resist the temptation of lying curled up in it. Instead, the endless research on gothic literature through a fat red library book and some really hopeless sites on the net was spoiling all the charm of a winter night.

Suddenly, in this gloomy situation, an image flashed in front of my eyes. Oh, you magical being, I can't explain to you how happy I felt when I saw your curved body and bony leg bathed in a yellow potion. I could very well understand then that your taste would as mysterious as ever and I would not be able to figure you out. After staring for a few moments at your suspended form in air, I felt like somehow touching you with my hands and savouring every bit of you before somebody else did. Oh, you wonderful creation, my only solace in between working on assignments, who gives me so much satisfaction--I love you!

Ok people, before you form any wrong notion about me and this post, let me tell you whose curved body I am talking about. I'm refering to chicken, which I love eating very very much. Chicken is indeed such an important part of my life that it gives me the kind of immense relief I have described above every time I think about it or picture it in my mind. For me, chicken is delicious ultimatum and even in the saddest of situations, tasting chicken helps me to unburden myself. By now, I have had chicken in numerous forms and preparations at home, in the college mess, restaurants and elsewhere but every time, I see the chicken pieces lying in the gravy, I feel so happy. I still truly have not been able to figure out how chicken can taste so good every single time and how it will taste in every meal, is still a mystery to me. Therefore, here it is: my own little ode to chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment